Help against fraud! Unknown transaction occurred and is under "authorization".

blnvrf
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, community,

Today I got an email that "I have authorized a payment to H&M Sweden" and the buyer info includes my Name and Lastname, but the address is one in Sweden (I live in Albania). 

After this email, another email came that said "Congratulations! Your withdrawal limit has now been lifted. You can now withdraw unlimited funds from your PayPal account." 

Since then I have changed the password, linked a new email address to PayPal, and activated 2FA. Also, deactivated my CreditCard. I still have no idea how my account was hacked any suggestions would help.

The unknown transaction shows "authorization" and has not been completed yet. When I try to report it from the resolution center, it says that "this type of transaction cannot be reported". From my understanding, I can only report it if the authorization process is completed. 

However, this experience is quite scary, the idea that someone might just order stuff from your own PayPal without your consent. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.