Hacking and Stealing Someone's Balance.

aderrick
New Community Member
Hi yes, I opened a case on my paypal account twice. The second time I was told that my case showed "no unauthorized use" when that is not true. I have now tried to file 2 claims and no one seems to be able to help me. 

I opened this paypal account and received two deposits from two people. I was waiting on my paypal to verify before I transferred my balance to my bank account. Then, on February 11, 2024, someone hacked into my paypal account, added a bank account, and deposited the $ from my paypal balance into their bank account. I have not deleted the bank account but the bank account that is on my account is not mine and I have since changed my password but they still stole my money out of my account. 

You would think that if it was my bank account I would authorize it, but since it is not, I can not authorize it and my money is now gone to someone else and paypal will not do anything about it and are saying that they don't see any unauthroized use.  

This is the second paypal account I have opened because of an issue like this. This is getting ridiculous. Personally I do not think that anyone should be allowed to transfer any money from a balance before they put in the 2 deposit amounts from paypal to authorize their bank account. This would avoid people hacking someones account, stealing their money, and they being able to keep it because paypal does not want to give the original person their money back. This is ridiculous and unacceptable for a company like this. 

I just want my money back and I need someone to tell me what to do because you cant even get a real person on the phone. Please help me get my money back. 
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aderrick 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aderrick 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

J2Chipper
Contributor
Contributor
What happened? Did they ever help you? Were you ever able to resolve this? I just had this happen and PayPal is coming after me for the money I didn’t authorize. Plus I told them that it was fraud. They took it off and then PayPal a week later put it back on and took the money so they’re essentially helping the hackers but they’re coming after me. They said the issue is resolved and it’s not resolved and instead of going after the bank account that isn’t ours they’re coming after us! Were you ever able to get a resolution?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.