External account being blocked due to open disputes after blocking a purchase (Discord)

wooblesalt
Contributor
Contributor

My Paypal was linked to my Discord account, which got recently hacked.

I appealed to Paypal for the several transactions done without my consent using this hacked account.

A couple of days ago I got a message saying the full amount will be refunded to my Paypal balance. Also, the case is shown in my resolution center as "closed".

I tried to get my Discord account back since it was blocked because refunds were against their TOS.

By the time, I just got an auto message saying: 

"In order to regain access to your account, the card owner will need to contact the payment provider associated with these charges and withdraw all open disputes within 14 days from the date of suspension.

Once the dispute(s) have been withdrawn, please provide explicit confirmation by attaching a statement or letter from your payment provider indicating that all dispute(s) has been retracted."

I'm not sure how to proceed. Does this mean I need to cancel the refunds? If that's the case, How can I do it? Or what document do I need to ask and how to get it?

I've hardly ever done any online purchases so I'm not familiarized with these procedures.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ichimatsu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Yes I suggest you to cancel the refunds and then try to contact Discord as they told you. They give you the instructions. I am myself having the same issue in this moment. I contacted Discord and showing them I cancel any refund issue with paypal. And I am just waiting for their response. Wish you the best!

Login to Me Too

yodi_79
New Community Member

hi what happend to your case ? Please can you tell me because I have now the same issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.