Error with account limitation

Marinovic1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone! I'm a 23-year-old Serbian. I started working on UpWork, and as some of you know, you need to have the exact same name on PayPal as on your UpWork account in order to receive payment there. This account was created by my father Nebojsa in 2016, and I am able to produce his i.d. He used it, and he even verified his identity about two years ago, but he stopped using it after switching to using his credit card, so I wanted to change my name to Jovan and use this PayPal as my own. I intended to change the name and sent ID verification, but my account was restricted since I was just 16 when I created it. I have no idea about this account until almost like a year ago. I have all the evidence, including his and my identification, and I truly need my account back. Since I absolutely need this account and will prove everything, I tried to contact PayPal via messaging but the bot and special agents weren't available. If anybody can help, please do so since I truly need this account. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marinovic1 

You can't change a paypal account from one person to another, the account belongs to the person who's name was on it when it was opened.

If you are now over 18 you should be able to open an account in your own name. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.