Depop buyer trying to get my item for free

Zoe46
Contributor
Contributor

Please can anyone help me with my problem?

I have sold a belt online for £65, but the seller said he 'accidentally' sent me £150. They said they found paypal too fiddly and that they're paypal wasn't working properly, so he asked me to send back some cash in the post along with the belt.

I stupidly thought they made an innocent mistake and did what they asked me to do, and then put the Hermes tracking number into Paypal hoping their payment would stop being 'pending'. After that I scrolled down and saw they had disputed their payment, claiming they bought 'two pairs of Jordan's from me and that I have scammed them and sent it to the wrong address'. I sent exactly what they asked of me to the address they wanted me to send it to,

I am a well respected depop seller and have over 100 positive reviews.

What should I do? I've asked Hermes not to send them my package but all I could do was Tweet them as its a weekend! They don't have an email and their phone lines are closed until Monday, but by then the package would have been delivered! I'm so worried they won't get the message in time! I am losing over £100. 

Please help me Paypal. I have proof of all of this, I have screenshots of our conversations on Depop and they are now spamming me with messages threatening to go to the police if I do not send them the Jordan trainers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @Zoe46,

We're sorry to hear about this frustrating situation. Here's an article from our Help Center on how to respond to a dispute filed by my buyer. We hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.