Can't transfer money from PayPal to my bank account

neonfox
New Community Member

Hi everyone! My account has been limited permanently for a few days. Not even sure for what reason. But besides that, it also even limited me withdrawing my money from my PayPal account to my bank account "for up to 180 days". That's kinda insane. But does anyone know an estimate of how much time it takes (I'm guessing them deciding if I'm guilty to give them money for something or not)? Is it a week? A month? Or do I really need to wait all 180 days?

P.S. About my account being limited: PayPal only mentioned that my account is inconsistent with User Agreement, and I even contacted them, but they don't seem to want to give me an answer of really what actually I did wrong, because I can't really imagine what I did like that. Not sure if anyone could know what happened with that, but it would be very helpful if someone would tell me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neonfox 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes. However if its permanently limited then its a permanent ban and you can't use paypal again at all. Were you receiving payments for goods or services using the friends and family payment option as that would cause a ban?

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neonfox
New Community Member

Thank you for your answer! I didn't use my account to pay for any goods or such, only for 1. Sending money and having it back to and from another person I know (and I chose the Family and Friends option). 2. Online shopping for games.

But I'll be contacting them from other sources, as you mentioned, so far only through messages on my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

evispy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

I am experiansing a similar problem. I use my paypal account to accept payments for my Airbnb business.  I tried several times  to transfer money to my bank account and the system asks me to verify  my identity even when I had already entered myaccount with verification. It askes me to get a verification code, I do so , and it rdirects me to the ammount I want to trasfer even though I have already typed the ammount. I called the help desk, talked to them twice, they said i haven't done anything wrong, that other people also have this problem and they are trying to resolve it. They asked me to wait for 48 hours and then try again, as I did, but the problem remains.

Have you anything  similar?  I understand their problem but I need to trasfer my money and they can"t keep them like that , without  any fault from my part.

Thank you for your patience, Evi

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.