Can't receive funds

shaisz
Contributor
Contributor
I'm using PayPal in India and wants to receive funds from a friend in Norway but it keeps telling me that my account is restricted. I'm not a business owner and doesn't want to upgrade to business account. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shaisz 

To receive Paypal payments in your country read the below link.
https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mpp/know-your-customer

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shaisz
Contributor
Contributor
Appreciate the response 😊. The KYC process is asking me to select a purpose code though and I'm not running any business to select a purpose code. Can u help with that?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @shaisz and @Defrizo,

Thank you for joining our community help forum!

Thanks for the help @kernowlass! In accordance with Indian regulations, you’re required to add a reason for your payments which is also known as a "purpose code". You have to update the purpose code in your account before initiating the withdrawals to your local bank account. You only need to add the purpose code once, and it’ll be used as the default reason for all your payments. You can learn more about Purpose code here.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Defrizo
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.