Buyer received free postage but is now requesting a full refund plus return postage

Fimckel
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, Firstly, thank you in advance if you take the time to read and respond to my query. I sold a mulberry purse on Depop recently for £20 and FreePrints postage. I listed it as “structurally sound, but very worn” The buyer has said it was more worn than they thought and has holes which were not shown (and I haven’t seen). I have agreed to either a partial refund and they keep the item, or a full refund minus return postage. The buyer is requesting a full refund plus return postage. This would put me £10 out of pocket including fees and double postage. Is this fair? I have always had excellent reviews and don’t want to let someone down, but I although don’t feel it’s fair for me to be so out of pocket for this. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fimckel 

If she files a dispute/claim for item received but not as described and wins (not guaranteed as paypal don't tend to factor quality issues) then paypal would expect her to return the item back to you (trackable to prove delivery) and at her own expense before she gets a refund of the original payment (not return costs).

So you can let her go ahead with a dispute and if she wins wait for the items return at her own expense and then refund just the original payment OR if she loses the dispute you can refuse any refund OR tell her again you will offer full refund but she pays return postage.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.