Also duped by Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited

dogmom31
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, was duped by Hong Kong Manfan Trading Limited. I thought I was ordering the stamps from the United States Postal service. I didn't know until I received the confirmation from Paypal and saw their name. Ugh! I immediately called my credit card company and then called Paypal. I order 2 different styles of stamps. I hope I get my money back. 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

KanadaKat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting that.  I just got off the phone with PayPal and started a case.  I did email the company (some lame personal email address) and, as well, the Canadian 'agent' they are supposed to be using for distribution.  I said they had a chance to explain things.  PayPal was great, gave me dates to expect responses and everything.  They, too, emailed  HKMTL (probably somebody's car trunk) and said they have ten days to respond and a hold has been put on their account for the amount owing to me.  Will be interesting to see what transpires.  Well, lesson learned...check the extra small print.  I, too, hope they get on Canada Post's radar.  It's a monopoly here and I don't think they'll like being used as a 'front' for fraud.  I will be contacting them because, well, just because I'm mad and I can!  Let the noise continue!! 🙂  Take care and stay safe 

Login to Me Too

JerseyGrandma
Contributor
Contributor

Case closed!  I got my full refund on my credit card, including the foreign transaction fee.  Thank You, Pay Pal.  You are wonderful.  I learned my lesson about being more careful and do my research.  The ad has disappeared from Facebook (don’t order through the ads!) and I hope the company goes out of business.  Happy!! 

Login to Me Too

dogmom31
Contributor
Contributor

There was an article on the front page of my newspaper today about this major scam with the stamps and not to fall for it. I only wish it was in the paper the day I was duped by this company.  I hope Paypal does the right thing and gives us our money back. Paypal told me I had until December 14 to see if the company responds to them. I can't believe I fell for this scam.

Login to Me Too

KanadaKat
Contributor
Contributor

Delighted to report that PayPal moved even more quickly than they had said they would, and the money is safely refunded to me!!  It was a seamless experience and I am SO impressed with PayPal!!!  Hope it all works out for you, all, too!!  Take care and stay safe.  Lesson learned for all of us (I'm sure 🙂  K

Login to Me Too

Hotspur8
Contributor
Contributor

I was also duped by this "company".  Second time I have been duped this holiday season. Got most of my money back from Paypal on the first one, almost immediately after filing.  The issue I have with this claim is that the reason is not that it wasn't shipped, it's that the stamps are counterfeit, but you have no way to tell Paypal that.  

Login to Me Too

JerseyGrandma
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck, SkyMax, as your stamps are most likely counterfeit.

Login to Me Too

got-it
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered my stamps from this company, on FaceBook - learning experience, will never do that again. They looked like they were being sold by USPS, but no. I asked, after placing the order and seeing they were not from USPS, whether they are USPS stamps and if they can be used with the USPS. The customer service emails dodged my questions, only saying that the stamps can be used "normally." Many backs and Forths, I got the stamps, and now the customer service email address bounces my emails back as "undeliverable." I first registered a complaint with PayPal when I thought the stamps would not come. When the stamps came, they closed the case, but I reopened it as not being what I was told the stamps would be, concerned about fraud. 

I brought the stamps to the USPS and they scanned the barcode on the back. It beeped and they said these stamps are legit. They examined them and asked a higher up person to look at them, and they said they are legit. 

I will say this: it is, indeed, my understanding that companies like this are scamming and counterfeiting stamps all over the place. and I'm guessing that they send out fake stamps most - but not all - of the time, so they don't get caught. I honestly do not know how legit totally my stamps are (they are the Heart Blossom ones on a pane of 20), but I've been told by USPS officials I can use them. I will also say to the Manfan company that if they want to be taken seriously, if they are a legit company, they need to change their business practiced significantly. They are engendering great distrust and word will get around that they are dubious at best. 

I'm saddened by the suffering everyone is experiencing who makes what I think of as the mistake of buying stamps from such companies. I hope it gets made right for everyone. We will see if what I send out gets delivered. Fingers crossed. 

Login to Me Too

JerseyGrandma
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t believe that the USPS said these were legit after reading the news articles about the discrepancies in the stamps, like 18 stars where there should have been 19, lines missing, etc. And the bar code can be forged easily.  Maybe you were one of the lucky ones who got some “real” stamps to throw off the people getting fake ones and the investigators reporting it?   I have learned not to order from Facebook, but this company has a website and, apparently, only good reviews which may be made up by them.  Now I wonder if the USPS machines can pick up forgeries.  I hope they can!

Login to Me Too

siggermagee
Contributor
Contributor

I too found, after I ordered stamps, that it was a Hong Kong company.  The stamps never came so I contacted American Express and opened a dispute.  Amazingly, the stamps showed up a couple of days later. AX later canceled my dispute since they found evidence that the stamps had been sent.  I am wondering if the scam isn't that, if you complain the company quickly sends out stamps, but if you don't complain to Paypal or someone, they won't send the stamps.  So complain!  Open a dispute!

Login to Me Too

KanadaKat
Contributor
Contributor
Are they genuine stamps? There's a good post above about some that were real and some fake☹️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.