Account Limited // Being a pain in the head // PayPal won't help

mehreenaniqnaji
Contributor
Contributor

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

I sent this e-mail to the PayPal. I really can't write a whole new thing for the community. Please read the e-mail I sent to them and help me understand what am I really missing?

Hello there,

It's a head-ache, trust me. It's been a long time since I am trying to verify my PayPal account. Please don't start educating me that I need to submit my Driver's license, this and that. I know about it. I know everything.

My account has been limited for God-knows what reasons. Now, I know that I need to provide two things in order for PayPal to verify my account and lift the limitations i.e.

1. Photo ID i.e. Driver's license
2. Verifying my debit card where PayPal would charge some null amount that would be refunded back in my bank account within 24 hours.

I have already submitted my Driver's license for verification. But when I try to verify the debit card thing, PayPal asks me to verify it via my debit card that ends with [removed]. When I proceed with it, it doesn't work at all. It gives me the following error:

"""Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions."""

Well, I did contact Santander contact center via phone call and they told me that my card is working absolutely fine and that it is not blocked or restricted or whatever. They also asked me to contact PayPal which is why I am writing this long email because the last time I emailed, PayPal agent started educating me that I need to verify my account. So, what's the deal here? I need to pay some freelancers and I am confortable using PayPal for that purpose.

If you focus on the error message that I get, it says, "Please try a different card."" Well, I am all up and all ready to use a different card but the drop-down menu only gives me one card to verify with i.e. the card that ends with [removed].

So, it is my request, a humble request to either update the drop-down menu with one of my other cards, so that I can try it with that one or either just accept the one that is already there because clearly the issue is not with my bank nor with my card.

I will try to provide screenshot in this chat box if it is do-able. And please get real-time live chat agents on the site so that they can help customers out in real-time. Not everyone is comfortable with phone-calls. Well, I am going to call as well, but you do your thing and try to resolve this for me. It would mean a lot.

Kind regards,
Mehreen [removed]

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mehreenaniqnaji 

Not sure if this will work but did you try adding a new card on the Wallet page and then go back to the limitation page and select the new card to confirm, like in image 3?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mehreenaniqnaji
Contributor
Contributor

It's very strange. They wouldn't even let me add another card. They say, in order for me to add another card, I need to lift limitations first and in order to lift limitations, I might need to add another card. It's a loop. You need experience in order to secure a job and you need a job to gain experience. Lol

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mehreenaniqnaji 

Keep trying to contact customer services for assistance:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

If needed, file a complaint.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.