Testing virtual terminal

RyanExley
New Community Member

Hi 

Does anyone know how i can process a test transaction through the virtual terminal. I need to do some staff training and i want them to process transactions.

I have tried the card details on the developer site but i just get an error message saying the transaction cannot be processed.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

If you create a Sandbox Account, upgrade it to Pro, you can log into the Sandbox Account and use our test cards to run payments.

To create an additional business sandbox account:

1. Log in to the Developer Dashboard developer.paypal.com and navigate to the Sandbox>>Accounts page.
  2. Click Create Account.
  3. Set the Account Type to Business.
  4. Select a Country.
  5. Click Create Account.

After you create the Sandbox Account here is how to upgrade it to Pro:

1. Click on Accounts under Sandbox
  2. Click on the three dots under Manage Accounts next to the Business Sandbox Account you created
  3. Click View Edit Account
  4. Click Upgrade to Pro
  5. Click Enable

After that you can go to the sandbox PayPal Site and log into the account and run Virtual Terminal Payments.

1. Go to sandbox.paypal.com
  2. Log in using the sandbox email and sandbox password you created
  3. Click on Pay & Get Paid
  4. Click on Virtual Terminal under Accept payments
  5. Use one of these test cards: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/payflow/payflow-pro/payflow-pro-testing/#credit-card-numbers-for-t...
  6. For best results use one of the MasterCards and make sure that the amount does not exceed $1000.00 since anything over that amount usually auto declines

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.