Sandbox Internal Server 500 Error

kbauman
Contributor
Contributor

Using PayPal's sandbox, along with WooCommerce, we get a 500 error from PayPal instead of the regular checkout screen. Everything worked fine yesterday. There is nothing in the response.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

ramnath1
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here too. This is clearly a paypal sandbox issue. This works fine on live accounts with exactly the same code but not on sandbox. We can be wasting hours trying to find out if it's our code. Anything from papal about maintenance or outage on the sandbox servers?
Login to Me Too

Thierry3
New Community Member

It's weird

If I replace:

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart"/>

by

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="cart"/>

without underscore ,I don't get the 500err no more...

Login to Me Too

thanguc
New Community Member

I tried that too: 

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="s-xclick">

It redirected to a Page Not Found webpage and said that "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks."

Login to Me Too

DrMonster
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty bad and lame from paypal that they dont even bother updating the status or providing more info about the sudden 500 status errors. I would have to consider using PP in future as this type of service is just not acceptable.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Apologies for the lack of response on this thread. We've been busy getting this new dedicated sandbox section setup and I'll now be checking it on a daily basis.

Can you let me know if your still experiencing this issue ?

Justin

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kbauman
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be working once again. Thank you.

We ended up having to just skip right to production and hope things would work out. It did, but have the sandbox down for such an extended period of time seems pretty bad for a company as large a PayPal.

Login to Me Too

satyadeva21
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Team,

I am new to using this PayPal for our development.

The payment buttons generated by PayPal sandbox is not working from last few day and we are having Internal Server Error (500) error in logs.

Previously it worked well for me but I want to test with another client Id, So, After changing my  client Id and access token in my application I am facing 500 error.

Please let us know the exact reason or the solution fo my issue as soon as possible. As we have to push our application to live

Login to Me Too

pquoc
Contributor
Contributor

This error continues to occur today with the paypal sandbox

"/v2/checkout/orders returned status 500 (Corr ID: f74857324dccd).

{"name":"INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR","details":[{"location":"body","issue":"INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR","description":"An internal service error has occurred."}],"message":"An internal server error has occurred.","debug_id":"f74857324dccd","links":[{"href":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR","rel":"information_link","method":"GET"}]}"

Login to Me Too

arya1122

I got same issue and I send the same data to production credential , it work successfully.
They want we are working development on production.haha

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.