summary of transactions not appearing on summary page any more

philal
Contributor
Contributor

About two months ago, Paypal updated the look of the SUMMARY page 

Now, instead of the "SUMMARY" box normally occupying most of the window, and showing the list of recent transactions, I get a box with the text below:

" Tell us what you think

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about the redesigned display of information on this page. Thanks!

Provide Feedback "

I still get the box titled "MONEY" on the left with the correct balance of my account and currency balances, but no trace of the summary of transactions.

To see the list of recent and older transactions, I can only access them in "ACTIVITY" 

Does anyone know how to fix the problem. Paypal Support did not seem to know or care much about this, and only suggested to clear all cookies, which I did as well as all the history in the browser, but this did absolutely nothing. And the problem is exactly the same whether using CHROME or SAFARI - Is this a MAC OS problem?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

philal
Contributor
Contributor

The summary of transactions has mysteriously re-appeared today after several weeks of absence.

No apparent reason, it is just there again

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@philal 

Click the Summary link at the top menu and see if the Summary of transaction shows up. I've also notice what I think are test views/layouts by PayPal and see what you saw or different layouts and I click Summary link and the layout or view came back with the Summary of transactions. I'm on Mac laptop.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

philal
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your interest and quick reply - I have tried what you suggest many, many times, I have also tried to go to other pages on the site and back to the summary by clicking the Summary link at the top Menu, as you suggest, and this from most of the other pages on the site, but it never works, it always brings back the summary page heading, with the "MONEY" box and other other usual boxes below on the left, but only the "TELL US WHAT YOU THINK" box where the summary of recent activity should be. I am out of ideas as to what is going wrong here - I thought there might have been a problem with javascript authorisations, but I have checked that PayPal is authorised to use Java on my browser, and anyway if Java was the problem it would affect other Paypal pages as well, so I doubt it is a Javascript problem either. I am totally at a loss as to what to try next.

Login to Me Too

philal
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

Thank you for your interest and quick reply - I have tried what you suggest many, many times, I have also tried to go to other pages on the site and back to the summary by clicking the Summary link at the top Menu, as you suggest, and this from most of the other pages on the site, but it never works, it always brings back the summary page heading, with the "MONEY" box and other other usual boxes below on the left, but only the "TELL US WHAT YOU THINK" box where the summary of recent activity should be. I am out of ideas as to what is going wrong here - I thought there might have been a problem with javascript authorisations, but I have checked that PayPal is authorised to use Java on my browser, and anyway if Java was the problem it would affect other Paypal pages as well, so I doubt it is a Javascript problem either. I am totally at a loss as to what to try next.

Login to Me Too
Solved

philal
Contributor
Contributor

The summary of transactions has mysteriously re-appeared today after several weeks of absence.

No apparent reason, it is just there again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.