Why did Pay Pal issue our 1099K to my SSN rather than our EIN for our Chapter S Corp?

PAbernathy
Contributor
Contributor

Why did Pay Pal issue our 1099-K using my personal SSN rather than the EIN for our Chapter S Corporation that was put into the system. We have a business account and we have an accurate EIN in the system.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

mark2424
Contributor
Contributor

Hey did you end up figuring this out? They also gave me a 1099K under my personal name and social security number. 

Really need help to change it to my EIN and business name. Thank you!

Will update you if I find any answer.  This stuff is really messing with my taxes..

Login to Me Too

illinoistax
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in kind of similar situation.  Volunteer treasurer of a 501(c)(3) but PayPal insists on having MY social security number as well as charity's.  So of course they issued the 1099-K to MY SSN and so far despite numerous calls and attempts to fix it, they haven't.  But every time I call them they say they will.  Wish I could remove my SSN from the account all together but they claim they require it.   I thought of telling them that I quit as treasurer but they say they will need the SSN of the next treasurer instead.

Login to Me Too

PAbernathy
Contributor
Contributor

NO, they are useless.

We had our attorney draft a letter to the IRS stating that PayPal is not willing to make these changes even though we have complied and provided all the necessary information.

Login to Me Too

PAbernathy
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly, Pay Pal Customer Service SUCKS.

Second, They have been provided all the information necessary and still have not processed the request.

Third, The Message System now has a message LOCKED you you can't ask them any more questions and because they locked it you can't start any new message.

Fourth, After 3 hours on the phone they have no idea who can fix the message center issue and frankly don't care to address it.

Fifth - We are taking our processing elsewhere as you would think a company that processes over $100,000.00 in business for us would be more responsive to the issues...and clearly they are not.

Login to Me Too

mark2424
Contributor
Contributor

Stripe fixed my issue in less than a day man. Good luck. 

Login to Me Too

PAbernathy
Contributor
Contributor
We are switching to use integrated processing on our Wix account. Pay Pal Support is useless.
Login to Me Too

mark2424
Contributor
Contributor

Hey just wanted to leave you an update on my situation so maybe it could help you out.

I got a message today in the message center from I believe the Tax Operations team (11 days after I opened a message in the message center)

"We've received your request to update your 2020 1099-K Form to include your Employer Identification Number (EIN) and Legal Business Name"

They asked me to send a w-9 form their tax document email account. So hopefully they are one step closer to fix this issue.

Login to Me Too

illinoistax
Contributor
Contributor

@PAbernathy @mark2424 

PayPal's customer service on this has been beyond horrible.  I've spent so many hours on the phone.  I finally got an email two days ago from their Executive Escalation team saying I'd get a corrected one in the US mail in two weeks.  So assuming they actually send it by then it will have taken them five weeks, numerous phone calls, and two open cases to correct their error.  It is such a simple matter and the account was set up correctly so there is no reason why this should have happened -- much less why it has been so difficult to fix.  I am really thinking of closing our account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.