How to determine if Paypal sent 1099-K's to the folks we paid through them

RojaBella
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to determine if Paypal sent a 1099-K to all of our payees that we paid through Paypal last year? We recieved one from Paypal for income received through Paypal but I cannot determine if and to who Paypal sent a 1099-K to that would include our payments. I prefer to not have to double up with 1099's to our consultants that we paid exclusively through Paypal. 

And if we paid some through the 'services' and some through 'Friends and Family' does that make a difference in what Paypal will report on?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @RojaBella!

Welcome to the Community! That's a great question. There are two requirements that need to be met for someone to receive a 1099-K from PayPal. I would recommend referring here first to determine if your payees qualify. If you're still unsure I would recommend reaching out to a tax professional to discuss your specific situation.

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

RojaBella
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Gwen, 

What threw me was that we received a 1099 K from Paypal for income received through Paypal which did not meet any of the threshholds Paypal outlines - $20k or 200 payments - so it seems that it's just safer to send our own 1099-MISC regardless of what we assume Paypal has done. 

- Robin 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.