Finding Transactions using "Search"

sadasiva
New Community Member

I want to find all instances of a certain product (one that i must maiol to people) and rather thna looking through 15 pages of transactions I thought i would search for it..

But jeez,.. no luck.

The Product is Called "Cd and Book Promo 1" and there is no way to get te results to show up.. does anyone have ideas as to how to use this search for anything other than a specific email search or a specific transaction ID search?

That seems to be the only thing it does.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Amanda411

Hi sadasiva,

Welcome!

You can use the Transaction Finder report to search for text in the name or description fields of a transaction.

1. From Account Overview, go to History -> Reports.
  2. Select Transaction Finder report
  3. Enter date range and text you are searching for.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

magnumforce
New Community Member

I'm shocked that no one seems to realize that the search feature doesn't work.  You can copy and paste the exact name of the payee and nothing appears.. Our example: I need all payments made to USPS.COM.  Nothing appears, even though copied from paypal. 

Login to Me Too

mike2000
Contributor
Contributor

The search transactions is the most useless piece of junk. I have never gotten it to come up with a result, even after cutting and pasting directly from paypal. Not only doesn't it work but most of their filters would be useless even if it did. They don't even have one to search by amount. How can this be with a multi billion dollar company. I would love for a paypal employee to explain this.

Another example of this great company, I did a spell check on this post, Paypal is not in their dictionary and there is no way to add it.

Login to Me Too

jimmyzshack
Contributor
Contributor

is there really no answer for the? i use pro payments for CC processing and there are tons of transactions i need a way to search!

Login to Me Too

NiftyNeatStuff
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with this entire thread - THE SEARCH FUNCTIONS AND REPORT FUNCTIONS ARE "MOSTLY" USELESS!

I cannot find anything searching with partial details and wildcards.

I cannot find Transaction ID's unless I already know the ENTIRE ID and then it won't find most of them.

(I am trying to match up my Bank Statement, which lists a PayPal Transaction as "PAYPAL INST XFER 110709 536J252VBE4NA". I can copy and paste the ID number into any of PayPal's "Search" pages with NO success.)

I cannot search by Amount Paid.

I cannot search for "US Postal Service", I get NO RESULTS.

If I am trying to find a vendor I paid, I have to have the EXACT spelling and order of the name within PayPal's records. If I knew that, I wouldn't have to search for it.

(By the way, if you have to go to the REPORT function to find anything, what is the use of the basic or advanced SEARCH functions? They should both do exactly the same thing! The Report function should find the same data, but 'pretty it up" with formatting for a Printout.)

What is the next step, and when will this be FIXED?

NNS

Login to Me Too

urbanomic
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been trying to use 'Transaction Finder' and it always says 'no data available'. I have emailed paypal two or three times about this and had no reply from them. I have never got one result from the transaction finder even when I am searching on items that I know I have sold 100's of...

Login to Me Too

urbanomic
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Amanda

Transaction Finder does not work.

Login to Me Too

undertow_music
Contributor
Contributor

For the record "Transaction Finder" still doesn't work.  It's really frustrating not being able to use this esstial tool.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.