wait for refund ???????

acetankman
Contributor
Contributor

hi all

i wone and paid for a jacket

the seller claims it was damaged ..but i suspect they caneclled the deal because they did not get enough money for it

that will be the 5th time in 6 months that happend now...

but now the refund has been sent by the seller ..i have to wait for 10 days  to get my money back ?????

paypal are holding MY money ...i am being victimised by the seller and paypal

whats the bulls pooh about trust ?????????

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

DID YOU FUND THE PAYMENT FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT IF SO THE FOLLOWING APPLIES IF NOT I WILL GIVE YOU THE OTHER OPTION.

Refund on Temporary Hold.

When you send a bank funded Instant Transfer payment, two things happen simultaneously:

- PayPal sends a request to your bank for the funds for the transaction. It takes 3-7 business days for funds to come from your bank.

- PayPal pays the seller up front for you, instantly, so that the seller will not delay in processing your order.

When refund or cancellation occurs for that payment within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

acetankman
Contributor
Contributor

hi there

NO ..the funds i sent for the jacket were sat in paypal .....and not from my bank account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK then this is the other option that would apply if its on hold >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if she has already withdrawn your payment to her bank account then it goes as an echeque from her bank account.

Once the funds have cleared from her bank account to paypal the hold will be lifted and the funds credited back to you.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item and they credit the seller in advance for you and take the wait for the funds to process through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

acetankman
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the answers

i do feel really hard done buy..as a buyer i have been penolized twice ..buy a dis honest seller  and also paypal

i paid with in moments of the end of the acution ...the with in minets the selelr caneclled the sale ..saying the jacket was damaged ..and i feel they did not get the amount they wanted for the jacket....and now i paid with paypal in good faith ....and find i now have to wait 10 days ...to get my money ..that paypla had in my account ...i paid ...and now i feel stiched ,.twice ..

its not accceptable i have to wait ...and some one should compensate me for the inconvicence

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well paypal is happy to give you your money back WHEN they have it themselves to give you back.

When you buy from a company online you often have to wait a while for a refund to process back to you.

I suggest you leave appropriate feedback for your seller if what you say is true to warn other buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.