unclaimed payment

fletchbett
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to cancel an unclaimed payment I made earlier today, I have tried numerous times and paypal states an error has occurred everytime I try. My question is how can I successfully cancel this payment. The person I'm trying to pay has changed there email address and has not updated with there new email address.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Poipoipoo
I've paid for a ebay item using PayPal and had email from seller to say its shown as pending on there end, can I cancel it and just pay cash on collection. It shows as unclaimed on my end. I clicked on CANCEL and then got directed to 'confirm payment cancelation' page. I then clicked on cancel payment. It then redirects me to an error message which says, Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link If you were in the process of buying something, or sending money to family or friends, we recommend you check both your PayPal account and your email inbox for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes. If you came to this page from another website, you may want to return to that site (we advise that you don't just use your browser's back button) and restart your activity. If you stumbled upon this page from the PayPal website, simply click the PayPal logo in the top left corner to return to the UK home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again. If you wish to sign up to PayPal, please click the PayPal logo and then click the “Sign up” button. WHAT DO I DO? I've tried over and over to cancel it. Seller wants to arrange collection but I can't pay cash until the has been successfully cancelled?
Login to Me Too

Ljt
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem! Have been trying to cancel for 2 days now!. Seller had inserted wrong email address! I can't even find an email address for PayPal to advise them of this error page! So frustrating!!
Login to Me Too

wyntersmum
New Community Member

im getting the same problem, everytime i try to cancel i wont and if i try to e-mail paypal im getting a right run around.

getting so fed up with this you cant even get an answer.

Login to Me Too

johns16
Contributor
Contributor

I'm currently having the same problem and worse still i cannot report to Paypal as the system takes me through that irritating generic question step thing and i find myself back to square one and the 'error' message when i click to cancel payment

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi all, 

I have reviewed this a little further as it seems there are many of you unable to cancel unclaimed payments. It seems that there is a technical issues at the moment with cancelling these payments. Our technical team are currently working to resolve it. It should be resolved soon. 

I will update you all once I receive any information. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

jimilowthorpe
New Community Member

Ive bought a top from a seller on ebay but hed given me the wrong email address, so now i need to cancel the payment and send money to the right email address. But when i click to cancel it keeps saying Sorry theres been a error. Ive been trying for 2 days now and it still wont cancel. Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

johns16
Contributor
Contributor

I and lots of others are having the same problem. Sadly Paypal don't seem bothered to fix it. Ridiculous to be quite frank.

Login to Me Too

nuff
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, it's a joke.. The seller thinks I'm a lier and not paid him and opened a case and I can't get my money back until PayPal fix this or it comes back after 30+ days
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok lots of posts on this so it seems to be a site techie problem.

However if the cancel option is there then it means the sellers email addy was incorrect on their auction in the first place.

As for them opening up a case all you have to do is add the paypal transaction id to the dispute and you won't get a strike as ebay will see you paid to the email addy supplied by the seller. To get the transaction id go and click on the word "details" next to the transaction in your paypal account and scroll down.

Then i would be leaving that seller appropriate feedback for blaming a buyer for their mistake and not trying to sort it with you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Archibald
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. Same problem here. Hope we get an answer soon. I have tried mailing paypal but all I get is an automated reply about opening a dispute with the seller. I don't want to do this as they have been really helpful (apart from putting the wrong email on in the first place!). The seller has tried invoicing me again but cant so I am minus the money,minus the item and getting nowhere.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.