refunds & complaints

jonathanjberry
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased an item from USA where the seller advises to await 15-20 working days for delivery.  This period passes by & I request a refund.  I am advised a replacement will be posted the next working day & again told to wait 15-20 working days.  Consequently 45 weekly days has passed & I am unable to reclaim within the 45 day resolution period.

Recent feedback confirms he is regularly doing this to international buyers.  The seller never responds to any emails outside the 45 day period...cunning, calculated & very devious!!!

How do I report the seller & possibly reclaim my purchase cost.  More importantly stop this seller exploiting Ebay & tarnishing both Ebay & PAYPAL reputations?  Ebay & PAYPAL sytems do not let you file a complaint if 45 day period passed by.

Johnny

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there jonathanjberry,

As we are outside the 45 timeframe, there is not a lot we can do with any possible case opened, but that is not to say you should not open a case. The more cases opened against a Seller the more action we can take against them.

To open a dispute on a transaction, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
3. You will have the option of:
• Clicking the ‘Dispute a Transaction’ button, or
• Clicking the heading ‘Report a Problem’ and then clicking the ‘Report a Problem’ button.
4. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click ‘Continue’.
5. Click the 'Find transaction ID'. A new window displays your transaction history.
6. Click the ‘Transaction ID' you want to dispute.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and follow the instructions.

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

knitting123
New Community Member

I purchased a BUSH DVD player from AZZTRONICS AT £54.00 ,on receiving it it was second hand refurb,which was stated in the point of purchase asNEW?I have received no paper work with buyers details,and have serched on there web site.I need to return this item with in 7 days! as I  will not get a refund?I need there full address to return this item  URGENTLY!  I am very disappointed with this company,they give PAY PAL A BAD NAME.

GRAHAM NICHOLSON.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.