refund pending

chris-bailey
Contributor
Contributor

hi there, i have been refunded by the company that took payment with out my consent, yet i have a notification next to the refund saying pending. there is no date or any other information on this.

whats going on? they were quick enough to take funds from my bank unlawfully, and yet im still waiting for the funds to go back into my bank. I was refunded on the 3rd of January yet its still pending....where is my money paypal....

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chris-bailey

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item and they credit the seller in advance for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to process through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LyntonSA

My refund was initiated on 21 Feb 2016 and only due for credit to my account on 29 Feb 2016...... Why does it take so long?

Also, can someone from PayPal explain the meta tag accompanying the STATUS line on the classic view Transaction Details: "Your refunding will be pending for working days until it clears"....... Very helpful...... what does it mean... is it FOUR working days or FOR working days, if so, how many.... If it is four, then 21st to 29th is more than four..... COME ON PAYPAL, SORT IT OUT......

Login to Me Too

Scrapmom
New Community Member

I refunded a buyer for $450 on February 3,2016. The funds cleared my bank account on February 4,2016. Today is February 23 and the transaction is STILL pending! The buyer filed a case on eBay because she wanted her money, so eBay refunded her and are now sending me emails because they want the $450 they refunded her. PayPal says it's a technical issue and they are working on it. Really? For 19 days? Why is the technical issue my problem and why is it ok to keep my money for 19 days already? I've spent hours on the phone with PayPal (most of it holding) and nothing has been resolved! Seriously PayPal? This is how you treat your customers? Also, I was told a supervisor would return my call within 24 hours and that didn't happen either. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Scrapmom

Never known one take that long and yes their customer services is at times pretty poor.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LyntonSA

They can't say how many days exactly as it depends on when each bank processes the refund and differing banks have differing timescales.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.