i've sent money to the wrong email!!

Lucy90Lucy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, i've bought a pair of knee protectors from a friend who lives a 300 miles away,i've paid her via friends and family and somehow the email link she sent me was wrong and i've gone and paid the wrong person ,DOH, i've sent an email to the person who wasn't suppose to get the funds and they haven't gotten back to me and i can't seem to find any way of getting it back on the paypal page.any advice would be great.thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucy90Lucy

There is no buyer protection if you send via the friends / family route so you can't raise a paypal dispute.

All you can do is email the person and hope that they refund the payment but you can't force them to do so.

That is why just like when you have to take care sending payments to another bank account making sure you enter the account number correctly you also have to be careful entering a paypal account email address when sending funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucy90Lucy

There is no buyer protection if you send via the friends / family route so you can't raise a paypal dispute.

All you can do is email the person and hope that they refund the payment but you can't force them to do so.

That is why just like when you have to take care sending payments to another bank account making sure you enter the account number correctly you also have to be careful entering a paypal account email address when sending funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lucy90Lucy
Contributor
Contributor

oh well ,that really is unfortunate as it was the wrong email my friend gave me.thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lucy90Lucy

Just one last thought but it may not work.

If you funded your paypal payment via a CARD then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you.

They may say no as it was not a payment for goods but its worth asking.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.