cancellation

cb-jb
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had to request a cancellation of a payment being made on my behalf, this i completed and overnight it was completed in my recent transaction screen. There was me believing that was it, i could not of been any further from the  truth, as i found out on friday the exact amount i had canncelled, withdrawn from my bank account. I called paypal only to be informed , when i had cancelled the payment being made, the process does not cancell paypal from requesting the payment still from your bank act, i had never heard anything like it, Paypal requesting payments from your personal bank act even though there  is no need / reason for them too, other than them getting the intrest from it whist it sits in there acts. I am in the process of still trying to get my money back, ans i will be writing a formal complaint and giving them the bill for a direct debit failing due to them taking this payment whilst there is no payment to be made out.

All you unsuspecting trusting customers be aware when you request a cancellation .. money will still be debited from your bank act/ credit card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you make a payment it is not instant, what happens is that paypal pays the seller and then starts the process to upload the funds from your funding source.

When you cancel that payment it can't do a u-turn, you have to wait for it to clear to paypal and then wait for it to process back to your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.