Updating tracking information with Money pending

Cal64
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I sold an item on Ebay and after receiving the funds I posted the item. I added tracking information to my Ebay account and then my Paypal account. The tracking information was set to processing on the Paypal account but now the buyer has received the item and I cant change the tracking status. When I try to update the tracking information I get a yellow warning that says, Invalid or missing transaction ID. Please select again. I didn't get this the first time around when I first put the tracking information on my Paypal account. My Ebay account is marked as received. I am worried that Paypal will hold my funds. Could someone please give me some advice or a reason for this happening ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cal64

Are the funds in your paypal account balance pending or cleared?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cal64
Contributor
Contributor

They are pending. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cal64

Since ebay and paypal became separate companies again its ebay that are holding your funds and not paypal.

So have you added your tracking number to your auction on ebay?  If you do so then wait about a week and if not released contact ebays live help and ask them to release the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cal64
Contributor
Contributor

The tracking number was added to the ebay sale. I've been told I will receive my money on the 6th of July. This is the first time my money has ever been pending.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.