Scammed to refund, how can I get my money back?

Alanissak320
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
I run a server where I get paid from my users, so what happened is I was paid ~$500 from on user, this was when I still had to wait 21 days to receive my money. I asked the user who I verbally talked to on skype if he could send a direct payment (Friends and Family) if I issued a refund with the Market payment. He agreed but said he will send it on the following monday because he is getting his new card then. So I blindly sent him the 500 back and waited till monday. That day he blocked me and stopped all forms of communication with me. Is there a way to get my 500 back since he technically agreed to pay me the following business day?
If so that would be great because I hate scammers and I beleive they deserve to be shamed for what they do. 

Thank You!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alanissak320

No, you can't force him to pay you.

Also by selling and asking for a friends / family payment you are breaking paypals user agreement and risking your paypal account being permanently limited.

By using that option you are evading paypal fees and negating your buyer his protection, scam sellers use this method.

I hate scammers as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alanissak320
Contributor
Contributor

Alanissak320
Contributor
Contributor
Oh sorry I did not realise it was against rules. He is technically a friend, he comes from one of my friends. I asked my friend today about him and he won't say much, obviously because he is picking sides haha. Well I'm pretty much **bleep** but thanks from the response and heads up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.