Reversing a refund

christopheroliv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I requested and received a refund for an unclaimed payment but the seller has his account locked due to non-updated info. Is there any way I can reverse that refund in order to pay for my item once again so when it is unlocked, the item is paid for? Thanks agin!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@christopheroliv

OK then don't panic, its easy enough to pay someone   Smiley Happy

As long as you have definately had your money back and it has cleared back to your funding source then its fine to pay again.

The seller can either get you to complete checkout again OR she can send you an invoice or money request OR you can go to send money > goods / services and send her a payment to her paypal email address.

Don't worry about what it says in your my ebay about paying etc as that is just for your info really, as long as the seller knows you have paid its fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@christopheroliv

Sorry i am confused, if the payment was UNCLAIMED then the seller could not refund it until they had claimed it !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

christopheroliv
Contributor
Contributor

No no no no no no no sorry! I am sorry I confused you! I had ordered something off of eBay and I had received an email saying that the item was paid for on my end but it is unclaimed on their end because of their account being locked. I had requested a refund and I received the refund on behalf of PayPal, not the seller. This might sound weird but the item was shipped but the seller went out of his way and told me why the payment was unclaimed and soon, his account will no longer be locked. Is there any way I can reverse my refund or would I have to pay him back again through eBay or? Thanks again. (I am just in complete panic mode right now because I don't know what to do)

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@christopheroliv

OK then don't panic, its easy enough to pay someone   Smiley Happy

As long as you have definately had your money back and it has cleared back to your funding source then its fine to pay again.

The seller can either get you to complete checkout again OR she can send you an invoice or money request OR you can go to send money > goods / services and send her a payment to her paypal email address.

Don't worry about what it says in your my ebay about paying etc as that is just for your info really, as long as the seller knows you have paid its fine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

christopheroliv
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my god! Thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH! I am so relieved to get an answer. You are the best! I hope you have an amazing day and many more to come! Thank you! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.