Refund cancelled and now I've been blocked?

Paige_mcfad
Contributor
Contributor
So I bought something off someone on Depop and I sent her the money via F&F (I know I shouldn't have but she seemed so genuine I was fine with it all) so a whole drama kicked off because she wasn't posting quick enough and I was desperate for the item. So then I asked for a refund which she has sent back last week (18th march) since then it was pending (£253) so I thought I'd leave it a few days, left it three days and I messaged her to let her know it was pending. No reply I got a email this morning to say that the refund wasn't successful so I went to message her again and she has deleted Depop completely and I have no way of getting in contact with her what can I do? I can't leave it it's £253 there's a few other buyers who are also messaging me now says the exact same is happening to them from the seller too! Please help.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paige_mcfad

Hi, “gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.

On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Scam sellers often ask for payment that way as they know this.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.