Refund by echeque

Annette99
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I paid for an item that wasn't as described on eBay. The seller agreed to refund but did this as an echeque. I received a PayPal email on the 19th January to say that I have cash and that the pending refund had cleared. However there is no mention of a refund anywhere in my PayPal account. I've followed the instructions in the PayPal email, there is no activity showing, pending or otherwise, anywhere in my account. Can anyone help? Thank you
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Annette99! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! I am sorry to hear that this has happened. If you have been informed about a refund, I recommend accessing your account on your home PC/laptop. If you were reviewing your account activity on the mobile app, this might not display all the transactions in detail. I also recommend taking a look here to make sure that the communication was genuinely from PayPal https://goo.gl/FW8YG1. ​​​​​​If you are unable to locate the transaction/refund after this, please contact us by phone for additional assistance. You can also find us on Twitter @PayPal and/or our Facebook page. Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annette99

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.