Refund Help / Guidance

ashracer
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I recently bought an Item off eBay but was unhappy so contacted the seller who said he would refund me fully. It is now 10 days since I bought the item and 3 days since the seller recieved the item I returned.

I have yet to see a refund sent to my paypal, the seller says that he has sent a refund to my paypal, but I cannot see any transations pending towards me. 

So my question is do you recieve any information that a transation is coming your way? I have had no notifications from paypal in any form to tell me of a change or news.  How long is the   "Processing"  time period before I will know a refund has been issued? the refund was apparently initated eariler today the seller told me. 

I have had a few issues with this seller, for one contact he seems to be very difficult to get hold of and only exchanges one message a day which  is very suspicous. 

Anyways, All help would be grately appreciated for this form newbie Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there ashracer, 

Have you opened a dispute through PayPal for this item being not as described? If not, I would suggest you do it straight away- here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click 'Resolution Centre' near the top of the page.
3. In the 'Report a problem' section click the ‘Dispute a Transaction' button.
4. Select ‘Item dispute’ and click ‘Continue’.
5. Click the 'Find transaction ID'. A new window displays your transaction history.
6. Click the ‘Transaction ID' you want to dispute.
7. Click ‘Continue’ and follow the instructions.

This way PayPal can take the tracking number from you and help you with getting your refund.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

ashracer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan, I have opened a returns case on eBay, the seller claims to have initialted a refund now the item is back with him, should I recieve any notification from eBay or PayPal that he has move the refunds case onwards??

If I used a debit card to fund the transaction through PayPal it will thus be refunded to my debit card? should any transactions pending or waiting show up on PayPal or my Bank Account?

do all transactions have a 3 to 5 days before you will get the money delivered but no notification that the money is on its way?

Thank You for helping Siobhan 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.