Question about ebay transaction after cancelling unclaimed paypal payment.

Gam3r_4_Life
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I purchased an item from a seller with 0 feedback and paid for it. I then noticed that the funds were unclaimed. So I contacted the seller to ask them to fix it. I got no response, and after reading other posts where it recommended to cancel the paypal transaction I did just that. My question is what happens with the ebay transaction at that point? Does it automatically cancel the ebay order? Or do I need to still manually ask the seller to cancel? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gam3r_4_Life

If it was pending WITH a cancel option then it means the seller had the wrong email address on his ebay auction in the payment section OR there was a typo when he entered it.

So its up to you what you want to do, if the seller is not responding then you could pull their contact info and phone them via advanced search top of paypal pages > contact member left side of page.

Or you could just move on and buy elsewhere, IF the seller files a dispute for an unpaid item you can just provide the paypal transaction id to show you did pay to the email address that the seller provided.

Pointless paying again as they can't change the email address on the auction AFTER its finished.

The seller could invoice you direct to pay but i would be wary about paying as it won't be linked to the ebay auction and you seller has no feedback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.