Please help with fraud refund !!

marzena82gb
Contributor
Contributor

Case id 

PP-005-615-223-183

quick explain 

sold phone trough ebay almost 6 months ago. seller leave positive never complain. phone was fo spare parts. now over 5 moths after opened case with paypal claiming he wanted to unlock it but now phone is blacklisted. As I was away I didn't see my mailbox. Just checked day before deadline, so provided only quick information as didn't have imei with me. paypal decided for him to return item and I have big -£ on my account. as it was saturday buyer could not post it. I managed to get checkmend report , which clearly shows phone NEVER WAS OR IS BLACKLISTED !!!. I uploaded to paypal as evidence. Even though today item was posted back to me today. 

For me it is simple scam or whatever you call it. Simply he could not fix it and want money back. Phone is clean like it was when I sold it , never blacklisted. Faulse information !!! And paypal believed him.

How is this possible paypal never even ask for proof from him it's blacklisted. And even when I uploaded documents still he can return ?

I am not going to pick up, unless postman will just push through box. I am also not going to upload funds to my account untill this will be sorted proper way. I am with paypal many years, and learned from myself and friends that they always protect buyer not seller. But this is way too far !

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marzena82gb

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is one persons word against anothers, so paypal tend to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you first before they are refunded.

If the item shows as undelivered as you refuse to accept it back then odds are you will still lose as tracking will show the buyer did as paypal requested and sent it back to you.

If you don't clear the negative balance then your account will be limited and the debt sold off to a debt recovery agency who will be turning up on your doorstep to try and get the money owed.

Personally i would just accept it back > refund the buyer and re-sell it myself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marzena82gb
Contributor
Contributor

word against word ? let me think...

his word -blacklisted-no proof

my word, not blacklisted- checkmend report as proof !!

Something I do not get. Is paypal not looking at evidence ? Well if so I will just claim all my 6 months purchases as not as described. And will return empty box for my money. As I believe this is what I will get from this guy 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marzena82gb

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.