Paypal not responding to messages - suggestions?

Nausicaä
Contributor
Contributor

I sent paypal three messages about an ebay purchase and didn't get a reply for any of them. It's been over a week since my first message and it's been 2 days since my last - still no reply. I bought a phone on ebay, and the seller didn't dispatch the item or reply to my mesages. I tried to solve the problem on ebay, but the ebay help page said I made the payment as a paypal guest, so I was directed to the paypal page. The card I used to make the purchase as a paypal guest is currently attached to my paypal account, but because I made the purchase on the card before I linked the card to the account, the purchase doesn't show up on the account. I have my ebay transaction ID and item ID. What should I do? Any ideas anyone? Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nausicaä
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just replied to my message. It should be solved and I should get my money back within two weeks. Thanks for helping anyway. Cat Embarassed

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nausicaä

You can still open a dispute as a guest buyer but you have to contact customer services and they will open a claim straightaway for you >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nausicaä
Contributor
Contributor

I hate phone calls, but okay. Thanks, I'll do that. Robot Happy

Login to Me Too

Nausicaä
Contributor
Contributor

I called 0800 358 7911, and the bot answered, and then it told me to enter the 6 digit code that was on my account's contact page, so I did, then I told the bot that I wanted to file a claim for a purchase, and it asked me to tell it how much the item I wanted to file a claim for costs, and I told it. The item I want to file a claim for isn't on my paypal account, so the bot didn't help me in that regard and we kept going in circles. It said I should go to the 'main menu', but when I tell it why I called, it sends me back to the same options. Paypal hasn't replied to my emails and the bot is of no use to me. I don't know what to do. Ideas? Cat Sad

Login to Me Too
Solved

Nausicaä
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just replied to my message. It should be solved and I should get my money back within two weeks. Thanks for helping anyway. Cat Embarassed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.