Payment for collected item

Elicia
New Community Member
I am selling a travel system and have advertised on Gumtree. Someone has contacted me via email asking for more photos which I have sent. They want to pay me using PayPal then send someone on their behalf to collect. I have told them the payment can be sent to the email they are communicating with me on and when payment is received I will arrange meeting in a mutual place in my local area. If the payment is received and accepted, and i hand the goods over, can the buyer take the payment back? I have never received payment on paypal before so not sure how it works and can't seem to find an answer is FAQs.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

there is NO seller protection for items that are collected.

so the buyer can file for non receipt of item and as you can't prove with a tracking number that they received the item you would lose the dispute and have to refund the buyer.

only ever accept CASH ON COLLECTION for collect items.

even ebay allow you to refuse paypal and put cash on collection on your auctions if you are selling a collect item. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

there is NO seller protection for items that are collected.

so the buyer can file for non receipt of item and as you can't prove with a tracking number that they received the item you would lose the dispute and have to refund the buyer.

only ever accept CASH ON COLLECTION for collect items.

even ebay allow you to refuse paypal and put cash on collection on your auctions if you are selling a collect item. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.