Notification of refunds received in activity but not showing in PayPal balance

MrsTK1
New Community Member
I received notifications that I have had 2 refunds from a shop which shows in my activity as completed. But it doesn’t show in my balance to withdraw . I have recieved other refunds from shops since then without issue (so it’s nothing to do with confirming my email address). I don’t have other outgoing pending payments that could use up the refund money either- any ideas?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi MrsTK1,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

How your money is refunded depends on how the payment was sent. If you originally paid with a credit or debit card, then that money would be refunded back to your card. It can take your card issuer up to 30 days to post that credit back to your account. If you originally paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, that refund is credited to your PayPal account balance. You can find more about how refunds are credited here: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Tips-from-Moderators/The-Buyer-s-Guide-to-Refunds/m-p/986775.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.