Insufficient funds in bank account

Kezcon123
New Community Member
Hi guys, last weekend I bought items using PayPal 9 transactions totalling £370 I used bank account as payment method and my back up debit card is linked to the same account, been doing this for a long time but today I got a message from bank says if funds aren't in by 3.30pm the funds will be reversed and not paid so I checked my online banking to see why there are no funds and I've realised hsbc have removed my overdraft, I can certainly pay the £370 2 weeks tomorrow as I get paid again but 9 transactions not being paid is gonna cause alot of charges from bank I also heard that PayPal try again a week later, what can I do??
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kezcon123

Its normally an automatic process so not sure you can change it.

They try your funding source and if that fails they try again a few days later, if that fails again then they will try your back up funding source ie a card AND / OR put your paypal into negative until you pay them back again.

Your best bet is to give them a call and explain whats happened to see if they will wait before trying again or sort something else out? 

However if you have had a failed bank transfer they sometimes don't allow you to use that option in the future OR send your payments as echeques instead of instantly.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.