IF YOU EVER BEEN RIPPED OFF BY PAYPAL COMMENT HERE!!!

Yngvar10
New Community Member

ONCE AGAIN RIPPED OFF BY PAYPAL!

THE BUYER CAN OPEN A CASE IMMEDIATELY AFTER BUYING AN ITEM

AND NOW THE BUYER CAN GET A FULL REFUND WITHOUT EVEN RETURNING THE ITEM

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN MY LAST DISPUTE CASE, I COULD NOT BELEIVE IT!

EVEN PROVIDING A TRACKING NUMBER DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FUNDS WILL

BE RETURNED BACK TO YOU! I LOST MONEY IN MY 2ND TO LAST CASE THROUGH THEIR INABILITY TO FOLLOW A PERFECTLY GOOD TRACKING NUMBER I GAVE THEM. 

CLEARLY NO COMMON SENSE IS APPLIED TO ANY OF THEIR CASE INVESTIGATIONS.

FOR THE >10% CUT THEY TAKE FROM EVERY TRANSACTION THAT IS CARRIED OUT THROUGH THEM

IS THIS REALLY A SERVICE?

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thank you, apology accepted............    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

temp_05142015a
Contributor
Contributor

I WAS TRICKED TO BELIEVE THAT THE BILL ME LATER OFFER FORMALLY CALLED "BILL ME LATER" WAS A FEATURE I COULD USE IF 1. PURCHASED THROUGH ONE OF THEIR PAY PAL MERCHANTS ON THEIR WEB SITE! AND 2. MY PURCHASE WAS OVER $100. WHAT A TRICKY CORPORATION. THEY MADE IT LOOK LIKE THE OFFER WAS THERE BUT IN THE FINE PRINT IT WASN'T REALLY. THEY'RE COVERED LEGALLY BUT IT'S SET UP TO TRICK YOU WHEN YOUR IN A HURRY AROUND CHRISTMAS AND NOT READING THE FINE PRINT, SURE MY FAULT BUT THEY DIDN'T CARE ONE LICK ABOUT MY MEZZLY LITTLE $150 PURCHASE REFUTE SO THEY SAID FUC OFF AND WHO CARES. EVEN THOUGH  I WAS FLAWLESS BANKER WITH PAY PAL FOR 10 WHOLE YEARS. THEY WOULDN'T BUDGE AND HAD NO SYMPATHY WHAT SO EVER. SO I JUST WENT FROM PAY PAL CUSTOMER TO PAY PAL HATER. I'LL PAY MY BALANCE THEN CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. AND SINCE I HAVE LOTS OF SPEAR TIME I WILL BE POSTING MY MESSAGE ON ONE OF THE MANY ANTI-PAYPAL SIGHTS. SO IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT JOINING PAYPAL DON'T DO IT! THERE'S MANY OTHER OPTIONS LIKE GOOGLE PAY. 

Good bye.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is the UK forum, we don't have bill me later.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp_05142015a
Contributor
Contributor

I don't care. Same **bleep** corperation. They suck in the US and clearly they suck in the UK. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Strange how your paypal account is still open then?

Would you like the link to close it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

profegarces
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a paypal customer for long over a decade, had resolved claims and issues easily through former customer resoluion center.

Now for the first time, paypal is asking me for a police report statement, which can't be provided in Chile and I guess other countires aswell, since the nature of the claim is beyond police local attributions and outside the country. Moreover, for local claims and incidents, local police do issue a very reduced statement form, no complying either with paypal requirements. 

This has been checked with police and local attorneys.

What happens now? paypal will loose its easy to pay and fully trusted method, at least for foreign customers as me. Now any single claim will require this impossible to obtain document, hence claim will be lost in favour of a fraudulent seller or else.

This is really a shame becuase the global trust conception which paypal had is now finshed since local laws can not comply to paypal requests.

A Shame, now i will probably have to return to regular credit card payment method and resolve anny issue with my bank, or use amazon instead of ebay, since their customer protection service is way easier and in accordance to global comunity.

Sorry paypal, terrible fail.

Login to Me Too

Hayden-Hill
New Community Member

I paid a guy $90 through Paypal credit for a 1.3 million follower instagram account.  I sent it through friends and family.  He did not give me what I paid for, now I am $90 down. Someone help.  How do I get my money back.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If he wasn't a family member or a close mate why would you use that option??

“Gift” or “personal” payments are intended as transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.

On the other hand, as it is a “personal” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

Therefore you can't open a dispute to recover your funds.

My only advice is that if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you although as you sent it as a "gift" that is not guaranteed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

I have been locked out of my pay pal account for days on end during a dispute.  They lost my tracking number before they locked me out.  They now lost all my dispute information so I have no way of retaining my case info.  Ripped off a total of 163 American plus 25 duty plus 36 dollars Canadian for return tracking      I want a lawyer.   

Login to Me Too

Fusilier
Contributor
Contributor
Actually I have always found PayPal to be very fair.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.