I can't refund my costumer since my account has been limited due this dispute

Arilmill
Contributor
Contributor

My account got limited because "30 Nov 2017: For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal Service we need some more information about some money you recently received or withdrew."

I am trying to send him a full refund so my account is not limited anymore (I have more than 190 pounds on my balance) like this:

How would you like to respond? > Issue the buyer with a full refund. > Continue > AND THEN I GET THIS ERROR "Your refund must not exceed your available balance. If you have funds in another currency balance, you may want to consider transferring funds from other currency balances."

He paid me with CAD currency, what can I do?

I don't want to have my account limited...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arilmill

You may have to convert the funds to CAD before you can refund.......currency conversion charges will apply.

Try this > click on your paypal balance and select 'manage currencies' from under the pop up box.

Then the currency conversion option is on the right side of that page if you want to use it.

However to refund you 'might' have to go to the left side of the page and mark CAD as your primary currency just for that refund and you can change it back afterwards.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Arilmill
Contributor
Contributor

Well i did all the currency exchange, but now I get this message when I try to refund him

Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link

If you were in the process of buying something, or sending money to family or friends, we recommend you check both your PayPal account and your email inbox for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, you may want to return to that site (we advise that you don't just use your browser's back button) and restart your activity.

If you stumbled upon this page from the PayPal website, simply click the PayPal logo in the top left corner to return to the UK home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

If you wish to sign up to PayPal, please click the PayPal logo and then click the “Sign up” button.

I don't know what's going on 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.