E bay was hacked,refunded buyers but e-cheque has been requested from my account

LittleEm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

On valentines day my ebay account was hacked and used to list 9 high value items on buy it nows.By the time i realised what was happening and reported it to ebay 4 buyers had bought an item and paid through paypal.

After reporting to ebay i immediatly refunded the buyers money on paypal.

Today i went to buy an item and pay for it but my paypal is still showing a refund pending and they have requested an e cheque from my account.My paypal balence was £0 before all this happened and now it is £206.99 but they are requesting an e cheques for more than this and i dont understand why?

The 3 other refunds have been given and i had no issues with them at all

Can anyone explain this

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi LittleEm,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened and that it is caused you so much inconvenience. 

In relation to why an e-cheque was used rather than the balance on your account I would need to check the account to confirm that. I'd recommend giving customer service a call because they will be able to see what's happening and make it clearer for you. 

I hope they can get things resolved for you quickly. 

Rachael. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.