Confused about refund

abadri91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I read other topics but I'm still confused. I bought an item on johnlewis and paid through paypal. Paypal says the money has been refunded but my balance is £0.00. Why is this? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did you fund the original payment to john lewis?

Was it debit or credit card or

was it instant bank transfer or from funds already in your paypal balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abadri91
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was made through a debit card using my paypal account but the account had no balance so the money was taken from the bank account. It currently says refunded completed but balance 0 so I can't withdraw. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Yangni
New Community Member

I have the exactly same problem as you. I got an refund on the 25th of September.

it says completed but my paypal balance still only shows 0 and I check my bank account a number of times and its still the same.

the transaction payment method is exactly the same as the user above, payed through paypal using a debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original payment with a debit card then it will take about 7 days to transfer to your bank account from the time its marked as completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

carlaquinn
New Community Member

I have been refunded a payment from microsoft, to my pay pal account, how do i retrieve this and have it sent to my bank account .

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the withdraw funds tab in your paypal account and fill in the details to send it to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.