Cancelling eCheque

Cosford
New Community Member

Hi guys.

My friend is trying to send me a payment via paypal and sent it as an eCheque. As eCheque's take time to clear and i needed the funds instantly, i cancelled it about an hour after he sent it so where is the money now and what more involvement do i have?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

DavidC2
New Community Member

This doesn't excuse PayPal from its responsibility to alert the payer to the fact that an echeque taking up to a week will be sent instead of instant payment BEFORE the payer commits to the transaction.  That way, if the delay is unacceptable the payer has the option to choose a different payment solution before it's too late.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

I realise that when an eCheck has been sent from your account, it can be very frustrating. If you have checked your card information and it is all up to date (And your card is not going to expire soon) and you can't see any other reason as to why your recent payment may have been sent as an eCheck, you should try contacting customer services and we can look in to it directly for you.

It could be a technical issue that is resulting in your recent payments being sent as an eCheck. I can't guarentee that this is the reason but if you contact customer services, we can help you to clarify exactly why this has happened.

David.

Login to Me Too

mrpie
New Community Member

Im mad at Paypal..... I sent a payment for goods but it went via echeque.. Paypal shoud ask before the go down this route as it may not be the best course of action.....cheek.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey mrpie,

It does actually show the chosen funding source for your payment before you complete it on the Payment Overview page. For your payment it would have shown eCheque as the funding source.

Login to Me Too

Steveielee
New Community Member

I have requested that the person whom I trying to pay cancels my e cheque, if he does so will I be told that this has happened so that I can then pay him by another method but be sure that he will not receive extra funds when the e cheque has cleared?

Login to Me Too

itsajoke
Contributor
Contributor

we have also been done over by echeque payment so near to xmas which will surely affect whether we get the item or not.

my debit card expires 2013, never sent an echeque and wouldnt choose to- so what's the big problem here?

also there is no mention of the transaction in my paypal account, I paid on 8th dec and account shows no payments since end of october, is it normal that it doesnt even show up as pending or something?

this system is a joke

Login to Me Too

itsajoke
Contributor
Contributor

Today, on logging into paypal again to check the payment it says the transaction link is invalid, it still doesnt show up in my paypal account since paying on 8th Dec

How do i find out what's going on?

Login to Me Too

pjones
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had exactly the same issue.  Ordered something for which the delivery is critical and chased the seller as to why they haven't sent it yet.  They respond that it's because I haven't paid.  Strange I thought, since I paid as soon as I bought it.  Upon investigation it turns out payment is by e-cheque, even though I never requested it and had never even heard of it.

PayPal, this is nonsense, sort it ou, if necessary by ditching e-chequest!

Login to Me Too

charliesen
Contributor
Contributor

I've been paying with paypal for ages now using my debit card which does not expire untill 2015.

I just ordered something last week and paid for express delivery only to find out an Echeque has been issued wtf !

So not only am i going to have to wait 5-7 days for the cheque to arrive at the sellar but i've also wasted money by paying for express delivery.

Why wasn't it taken from my debit card ?

This is a joke

Login to Me Too

charliesen
Contributor
Contributor

So what happens now ?

Do paypal just ignore us and hope we will go away.

Ive read what the mod wrote as to why an e-cheque would be issued and not one of the reasons apply to me.

Come on paypal sort this mess out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.