Transaction Cancelled / Monies not refunded to bank account

phaz444
New Community Member

I cancelled a transaction immediately when the seller told me the email address was incorrect. It shows as cancelled; however, it is not being refunded to my bank account. There were 2 transactions with the same exact amount and both are debited from my account. How do I obtain this refund?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

melissa2245
Contributor
Contributor

I am dealing with the same exact situation word for word that you have written. I keep emailing seller and paypal and am not receiving answers. Not only am I not sure why I was charged twice, but I do not understand how my money isn't refunded when the order was canceled. Seller says they do not have the money but I do not see this possible when it was debited from my bank account as well as paypal. Both paypal and my bank show it being paid. If you come up with any answers, please let me know.

@phaz444 wrote:

I cancelled a transaction immediately when the seller told me the email address was incorrect. It shows as cancelled; however, it is not being refunded to my bank account. There were 2 transactions with the same exact amount and both are debited from my account. How do I obtain this refund?

Login to Me Too

melissa2245
Contributor
Contributor

I am dealing with the same exact situation word for word that you have written. I keep emailing seller and paypal and am not receiving answers. Not only am I not sure why I was charged twice, but I do not understand how my money isn't refunded when the order was canceled. Seller says they do not have the money but I do not see this possible when it was debited from my bank account as well as paypal. Both paypal and my bank show it being paid. If you come up with any answers, please let me know.

@phaz444 wrote:

Login to Me Too

merlinz
Contributor
Contributor

I went through the same thing. However it took longer than usual for the money to appear back in my paypal account. about 5 business days. The money wont appear in your bank account, you would have to transfer from ur paypal account to ur bank account once its there.

Login to Me Too

melissa2245
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going on over 2 weeks already and haven't seen my money. With endless emails from the seller and paypal, I'm getting irritated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.