Temporary Hold placed on my refund!!!!

slhixsons
New Community Member

So I'm guessing that the problem that I am having with getting my refund put back into my paypal account is happening to a lot of others!!!!! I purchased a pair of shoes from ebay on the 16th. On the 19th the seller contacted me and said that one of the shoes was damaged so she was going to refund the money. I told her to refund the money on the 19th, and she did. That's not the problem.....the problem is.....It is exactly 4 days till Christmas and I need to order another pair of shoes, but until paypal takes the temporary hold off of my refund I won't have the money to purchase another pair of shoes!!!!!!! If paypal can front the money to the seller in order to get them paid in a timely manner, then they should be able to front the money to me, so that I can order another pair of shoes!!!!! This is the first and last time I will ever attempt to purchase something as a Christmas gift over the internet using paypal!!!!!  This has been an awful experience!!!!!  

Login to Me Too
290 REPLIES 290

airportcop4747
New Community Member

I am going through the same thing right now! It isn't right what Paypal is doing with our Money! I am seriously thinking about canceling ALL accounts with eBay and Paypal which is the same company. This is ridiculous to say the least! Very vague as to where my money is?????Temporary hold doesn't help me!  I can assure you that it helps them holding the funds for as long as possible to collect interest! Im disgusted! These people need to change quickly or many people will drop them...especially in todays economy! Get with the program EBAY/PAYPAL think about customer service!!! and I want my money INSTANTLY! Like it used to be... This is pure BS!

Login to Me Too

sapphira7
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE HELP!

I paid a dr. on Thursday, May 12th, for some of the balance I owe for surgery I'm getting this coming Wed, May 18th. I sent it the wrong way (sent it for a purchase, instead of under the Personal tab), so the dr. refunded the payment back to me, and I resent them the money the correct way.

I still havent gotten my refund money AND I HAVE SURGERY on 5/18-IN 4 DAYS- AND IT HAS TO BE PAID IN FULL BY THEN! Paypal is holding MY money that I need to pay this dr!

What can I do???

Thanks~Lisa

Login to Me Too

candyscollectib
New Community Member

I just looked into a refund that was sent to me and there is a hold on it till June 7 what's up with that?

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

Hi Vicky_6 and brad6603!

I have experienced this issue several times myself and each time it was when I had used my bank to fund the payment. The refund is placed on hold until the funds clear from the bank to PayPal and it's possible with Monday having been a banking holiday that an additional business day may be required in clearing the funds.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Zazu

I'm tired of excuses from the seller that sent the refund. I mailed back the ring because it was plated not 14k  13 days ago. It only took 6 days to get  it.and he's saying that it's not there yet. Of course I can track it at the post office  because i had to fill out a customs form. What can I do about this? I'm talking 168.00 not chump change. Candy

Login to Me Too

idahonetto
Contributor
Contributor

@candyscollectib wrote:

I just looked into a refund that was sent to me and there is a hold on it till June 7 what's up with that?

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

Hi Vicky_6 and brad6603!

I have experienced this issue several times myself and each time it was when I had used my bank to fund the payment. The refund is placed on hold until the funds clear from the bank to PayPal and it's possible with Monday having been a banking holiday that an additional business day may be required in clearing the funds.

Zazu

I'm tired of excuses from the seller that sent the refund. I mailed back the ring because it was plated not 14k  13 days ago. It only took 6 days to get  it.and he's saying that it's not there yet. Of course I can track it at the post office  because i had to fill out a customs form. What can I do about this? I'm talking 168.00 not chump change. Cand

Track your return via the USPS and then file a claim with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lpelletier
Contributor
Contributor

The 3 day hold appears to be a ruse by paypal to keep funds from members.  It seems quite unreasonable in this day of instant transfers.  I am shocked by this little annoyance.  It didn't occur to me that there would be a hold on a refund from a very active paypal customer. 

@PayPal_Zazu wrote:

Hi Vicky_6 and brad6603!

Zazu

Login to Me Too

cad
New Community Member

This is more than frustrating!  Same situation - paid on Saturday, immediately refunded, and hold placed at the same time.  The funds cleared my bank on Monday, but the hold is still active and I NEED access to that money, which is well over $200.

Login to Me Too

rugman56
Contributor
Contributor

They take my money and are supposed to hold when going to foreign.  but they let them transfer the money to their bank and when refund time comes there is no money to pay it.  they quit my claim and put temp hold on the refund.  they have more money than me, why can't i have my little refund that is important to me?  I am on disability and hard strap for cash when someone tries to cheat me i need my money back.  I knew in 5 minutes and made  a dispute when the transaction was made.  why did they not hold the money in that account till the dispute was over?  I agree, i am frustrated.  i want my money back and i want it now.

Login to Me Too

Gladys
Contributor
Contributor

I agree why is our money that has been refunded put on temporary hold? It was sent with no problem. I expected it to be in my account, part was paid from my pay pal funds the rest from my bank. How long is this hold going to apply??

Login to Me Too

Therealpinhead
Contributor
Contributor

Easy.  Pay Pal loves to keep monies on hold.  For many reasons, First when you are new, they want you to be verified, add a bank account, or just new to Ebay.  They are working together very well to monopolize the Both the shopping markent on line and the payment market.  Another reason, When you are selling a lot!  They want to make you use USPS Shipping and printing method. If you go to the post office yourself to pay for postage, which in most cases is cheaper, They hold your money making you want to just print and ship the **bleep** package their way.  Pay Pal is starting to really **bleep** a lot of people off controling our money.  Stop super policeing us!   until there is a problem or a case.   Till then do not **bleep** with our money!

Login to Me Too

mancontrer

refund the money , first say temporary hold.,  now say removed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.