SELLER PAID USING PAYPAL - PAYPAL REFUNDED SELLERS MONEY..WHY?

lyn50
New Community Member

I would appreciate any help/// So I had this Buyer and he was from China. He said he had a United States address to.  Anyway, he won my auction 247.00  He paid with paypal and they in turn refuned his money.  Something with a warning NOT to ship the item on my end.. So he was refunded his money and I am wondering why and can I relist this jewelry asap? And what about my account saying I owe 25.00 for selling this to him but yet it was cancelled  THANKS

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

c1000
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling a laptop on craigslist and the buyer wants to pay through paypal.  i'm concerned about the refunding to buyers.  how soon did paypal refund your buyer's money?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@c1000 wrote:

I am selling a laptop on craigslist and the buyer wants to pay through paypal.  i'm concerned about the refunding to buyers.  how soon did paypal refund your buyer's money?

OP's buyer was a fraud and Paypal caught it befor OP shipped the item.

You seller protection will be the same as on ebay. But there is no SNAD protection.

Is he in the same city, does he want to pick it up.  If so just get his vehicle infon and DL info, so if he files a paypal claim , you have his ID and can file a fraud compaint

Login to Me Too

c1000
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! Great idea about DL. I asked for my buyers address and he replied. From Nigeria..no thank you. Best wishes!
Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lyn50 wrote:

I would appreciate any help/// So I had this Buyer and he was from China. He said he had a United States address to.  Anyway, he won my auction 247.00  He paid with paypal and they in turn refuned his money.  Something with a warning NOT to ship the item on my end.. So he was refunded his money and I am wondering why and can I relist this jewelry asap? And what about my account saying I owe 25.00 for selling this to him but yet it was cancelled  THANKS

They will not tell you why.  ANd yes you can relist, or make a 2nd chance offer to the next bidder

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.