Refunding to expired Visa card ?

Sharshoor
Contributor
Contributor

Refunding to expired Visa card ?

I purchased via eBay and the seller fail to comply and sending the purchased item, I open a case and refunding was issued and sent to my expire visa card , I was already added new visa card and was approved before the case open and refunding processed , but the refunding was marked to my old expired visa card  as below, please help to clear if the refunding was sent my new approved visa card or its still there in my old visa card , because I removed the card and received PayPal confirmation that my credit card information has been changed.

Subject:

You have sent $XXX USD to Credit Card with PayPal

Funding Type:

Credit Card

Transfer to:

Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *XXXXXXX".

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

When you use a credit card to fund a payment, and a refund is later issued, PayPal is required to send the funds back to the same card that was used, even if you have since removed the card. 

If you have cancelled this card, but still have an account with the card company, they usually just move the refund over to your new card.

If you don't have any more accounts with the card company, they usually maintain the funds and wait for you to contact them.  This allows them to ensure they disburse the funds to you safely and securely.

To find out more about how your refund will be released to you, contact the original card company.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.