Refund with fees??

jmr1024
New Community Member

I ordered an item back in July and received a few emails about the item being on backorder.  It never arrived and at the end of September when it still was not in-stock, I asked for a refund.  I was told that they could not do the refund through paypal but would issue a check to my address.  The check never came.  I logged into my paypal account today and see that it was refunded to my paypal account in September, but I was charged a $2 fee.  Why?  Shouldn't the seller be paying the fees?  It was also a 100% full refund.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Since the purchas was over 45 days the seller could not refund the payment.  The seller had to use the send funds option and that's why you were charged a fee.

The seller should have sent you the original price plus an additional 2.50 to cover the Paypal fee

Login to Me Too

lunchateleven
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling on Ebay and using Paypal since 2000 and have never had my refunds to buyers docked a fee until this week! I did not see an announcement anywhere about this. I will have angry customers now and not only that even though I initiate the refund myself without a dispute of any kind, this statement is appearing at the bottom of the payments history page after each refund of over  paid postage...

" eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center and authorized PayPal to debit your account for this refund"        What does this mean? There was no dispute???

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lunchateleven wrote:

I have been selling on Ebay and using Paypal since 2000 and have never had my refunds to buyers docked a fee until this week! I did not see an announcement anywhere about this. I will have angry customers now and not only that even though I initiate the refund myself without a dispute of any kind, this statement is appearing at the bottom of the payments history page after each refund of over  paid postage...

" eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center and authorized PayPal to debit your account for this refund"        What does this mean? There was no dispute???

Again, buyers are not charged a refund fee when the seller refunds correctly. 

Buyer will  be charged a fee when the seller just sends money.

When a selleer does refund a payment in full the buyer gets a full refund, but the seller is not refunded the 30 cent fee now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.