PayPal Invoices Not Being Received

bem
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I wish to implement invoicing on a web site that we are about to launch.

Basically, the customer fills out an online form for the products and it is then emailed to us.

After we receieve the order form, we would then calculate shipping costs for the items and then send them an invoice from PayPal to pay for the products.

The order form I have designed works perfectly, but when I go to invoice someone is when I have problems.

I have twice sent test invoices from PayPal to one of my email addresses and have not received either one of them. Each time I send one, PayPal says the invoices were sent successfully.

The email address that I send to has the spam filters turned off and nothing ever goes into the spam/trash box.

Has anyone had this problem before?

And what was the fix?

Thank You in advance.

Best Regards,

Brian

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Starbuk
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm having the same issue pretty much.  I would say I've been encountering this problem since at least Feb. 4th-5th.  I can only estimate because I hadn't sent out invoices for a week or so prior to that date.  Between the gap in time the only change was their, Paypal's, new invoice format.  Prior to the invoice change everything was fine.

I've sent the Invoices to different domain names (i.e.. Yahoo, Gmail etc.) and no one is receiving the email invoices.  Also, I am not seeing confirmations in my email acct that I have sent a invoice.  However, I do see that they were sent when I look at the overview on Paypal.

I've been on the phone about the issue 3 times.  I've even opened a new account in hopes that it was just a issue with my account and that I would be able to do the invoices on the second account until the other account was bug free.  But, even with the new account I am experiencing the issue, nothing is helping.  I opened a ticket about this issue but was told (second time I called Customer Service) I was the only one that is encountering the problem. The first time I called I was informed that several Paypal users were experiencing this issue.  So I have no clue as to what to believe.  All I know it there is indeed an issue and until it's fixed the only way I can receive payments is via the Request Funds/Money option.  

Login to Me Too

hddwri
New Community Member

I too am experiencing the same problem.  Just started happening with the new invoice formats.  Was hoping someone had a solution...

Login to Me Too

staginglt
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is a MAJOR problem.  I've experienced both ends of this already:  I have customers who say they've never received invoices, and I haven't been receiving e-mail notification of invoices from my wholesalers either, due to the messages being filtered out or kicked back.

PayPal - PLEASE go back to sending invoice notifications the old way!

Look for the thread here about "Invoicing is broken" where another user explained that the root of the problem is the method by which paypal is sending the e-mails.

Login to Me Too

StephB

I also am having the same problem.  Invoices that never get sent are obviously useless.

Login to Me Too

Anya
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced this twice over the last couple of days. I see this has been happening for months. I think it's time to ditch PayPal. They have a serious lack of support.

Login to Me Too

gscoolidge
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I'm relieved in that I am not the only one experiencing this. I am new to invoicing but l received one in the last month and liked the way it looked. (so it's working for at least one person! LOL ) Yesterday (May 27) I created and sent invoices using 4 different email accounts and none of them went through. What is interesting is I can click to Remind or Cancel and those emails went through fine. I called support twice yesterday and all they kept saying was to check my Spam folder and that since it's listed as Sent on my PayPal account they went out so it must be a problem with the email system it went to. Nice try, but have many years in software development just because it SAYS it was emailed doesn't mean it went! 🙂 Plus like I said, the Reminders and Cancellation emails were received instantly. I don't want to risk making a customer mad by the Reminder-to-pay invoice being the first one they receive so I'd like to get this resolved! Please, any help here PayPal??? You're missing out on collecting your percentages! 🙂

Login to Me Too

gscoolidge
Contributor
Contributor

Success!  Thanks to the post above that referred me to Invoicing is broken since that led me to a work-around. 

On my invoice template I had told it NOT to include my email address.  This is what appears to have caused the problem when PayPal then tried to monkey with the From: mail-to email address causing it to fail on most email systems.   When I included one of the email addresses on my PayPal account on the invoice it went through.  I know this now because it sends you a confirmation email when the invoice is *actually* emailed out and I'd never received that before now.

So this isn't perfect if  but it's something, please pass it on!!  (And please tech support, it would be helpful if you can pass it on as well!)

Login to Me Too

CalabasasShul
New Community Member

I came onto the boards to see a solution to this problem but even the workaround listed above does not work.  I've tried everything and the only thing that actually goes through are reminders and cancellations.  This is horrible!!!  I have several thousands of dollars to invoice and refuse to send my clients (who are generous donors) a "reminder" when they never got the first invoice.  This really needs to be fixed. 

Login to Me Too

GLAD(sorry) to hear that I'm not the only one with issues.  How do we get PAYPAL customer service to listen and HELP resolve this??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.