Not receiving payments or emails, but buyer says has sent.....

laurenvgoff
New Community Member

Hi, a couple of times now i have been told by buyers that they have sent  payment to my account but im not receiving them. I not getting an email notification or anything going into my account. The byer says that at their end it says payment sent but not claimed. Why is this? 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello laurenvgoff,

Welcome!

Could you check to see if your email address is showing up as confirmed? It sounds like that could be the bump in the road 😉 

Here's how you can confirm your email address:

Here’s how to confirm your email address:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "Update" beside Email.
  4. Select the email address you want to confirm, click "Confirm" and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Viking27

It's not your email. I'm having the same problem. My email is fine. I haven't recieved payment or an email stating that the buyer paid, but ebay says that he did. This is the first time I'm having this issue; but after seeing the board, I think PayPal is having some problems. I've noticed an adbundance of complaints regarding payments not recieved or PayPal holding money for unknown reasons. The problem with this is that we have no proof that the buyer even paid. There is no confirmation, but ebay expects us to send the item or else. It's a lose-lose situation and something needs to be resolved on PayPal's end.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Viking27,

Would you be able to double check which email address was attached to the eBay auction you sold an item on?

Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Log in to your eBay account.
  2. Click "My eBay" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Sold" under Activity.
  4. Click the item you sold.
  5. Click "Sell a similar item."

The email address you used in your listing is under "Decide how you’d like to be paid."

If this email address is not associated with your PayPal account, you need to add and confirm the address before you can receive a payment.

If the email address is different, once you add & confirm it, the payment will appear in your PayPal account.

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Viking27

Lilly,

I have been PayPal verified for quite some time and my email is verified.

It's obvious that PayPal is having some problems. As stated, this is the first time I'm having this issue.

I think PayPal needs to stop pointing the finger at the customers and start looking into the problem.

Problem A: Sellers are not recieving payments.

Problem B: Buyers think they paid, but sellers have no proof.

Problem C: Item's cannot be shipped without proof of payment.

Login to Me Too

shizbart
New Community Member

Morning

I checked my email addresses listen in PayPal and Etsy, and they both match up. The only emails I receive tell me I received an order and PayPal payment is pending. On their end, it says "unclaimed" next to the transaction, and on my end, nothing shows up...????

Login to Me Too

LesButler
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem, others have used the email and it is good but the receiver is not getting the payment from me ???

Login to Me Too

LMGPhotog

I'm currently experienceing the exact same problem. I had a client purchase item through my sopping cart via PhotoBiz.com. The client's account has been charged, and I recieved an e-mail from Photobiz that everything went through. But on my paypal end, I see absolutly nothing. PLEASE FIX THIS!

Everything has been varified for some time.

Login to Me Too

Phylliskb
New Community Member

I have the same problem.  My buyer made payment on an Ebay item 2 days ago and it has not appeared into my account nor have I received an email.  I asked the buyer to cancel the payment and make a payment using my email address.  That payment has not shown up or an email from PayPal.   At this point, I don't know what to do.  I have checked and rechecked, numerous times, my account information and both Ebay and PayPal.   They both check out fine.  I think that I'll have to send out the item anyway but I  have other items to sell and will have to check out other methods of payment (bidpay?  google checkout?) unless this issue gets resolved by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.