I have a question about my account!!

iwpimh
Contributor
Contributor

I had bought an item on ebay and I paid for it.

After that, the Seller wanted to cancel selling item so I agreed it.

However, My account is pending about money......

What is that?? It will be back to me again??

Why It was pending!!!! I can understand!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello iwpimh

I am sorry to hear about your recent purchase and I am happy to help you.  From your information it sounds as if the payment was already sent and then the seller decided to cancel the transaction.  I am not clear on how you sent the payment but if the status is 'pending' or 'uncleared' then I believe you are referring to an echeck.

If you sent an echeck payment and then the seller cancelled the transaction, the funds would still be pulled from your bank as we can not stop that action once it has started.  Once the funds clear to PayPal, usually within 3-4 business days, the funds would be credited to your PayPal account rather than being credited to the seller.  At that point you can either transfer the funds back to your bank or keep them in your balance as a credit towards another purchase.

I hope this helps you and I am wishing you better luck on your next purchase.  Take care.

KBSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

iwpimh
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my payment on the paypal website.

It showed 'uncleared' expecting date (Dec.29.2010)

However, I don't know what uncleared means. As well as, The money was already paid...

I attached payment images.

account.JPG

paypal.JPG

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello iwpimh

Thank you for your reply.  Based on this new information you provided, you should expect to see the funds in your PayPal account today although I can not tell you exactly what time it will post as it could be at anytime due to the number of transactions that we process.

Once the funds have posted you can choose to either withdrawal the money back to your bank, which will take 3-4 business days for your bank to post the funds to your account, or you can leave the money in your PayPal account if you would like to use it as a credit towards another purchase.  Thanks again and have a great day.

KB

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,buyers and sellers have many reasons to cancell andunfortunatly depending on how who where,it can take many days for banks,paypal,ebay,credit card ect, to all reconect and restart,you money could be in limbo for up to months sometimes over the most basic transactions,imagine it like a frozen computer,itwill eventually work again?thats the best case secenerio,there is of course worse resons but lets assume you just have to wait a few days to 2 weeks and all i good again,meanwhile check with all parties and make sure you are all on same page,peace

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.