I can't see a transaction in PayPal - HELP

towels
Contributor
Contributor

I just completed my first sell on Ebay and I can't see the payment received in paypal.

I checked the auction and saw I made a mistake - I listed an Email not associated to my PayPal account. When I got the request to claim payment I linked that email address and confirmed it although I am still unable to see the transaction.

In Ebay i says that the payment has been sent to my accoutn and now is now being processed.

I also upgraded to a Premier account since that might be the problem.

But still no trace of the transaction.

Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You say you "linked" the other account - was that actually your account to begin with?  If not, you can't just link it.

Login to Me Too

@towels wrote:

I just completed my first sell on Ebay and I can't see the payment received in paypal.

I checked the auction and saw I made a mistake - I listed an Email not associated to my PayPal account. When I got the request to claim payment I linked that email address and confirmed it although I am still unable to see the transaction.

In Ebay i says that the payment has been sent to my accoutn and now is now being processed.

I also upgraded to a Premier account since that might be the problem.

But still no trace of the transaction.

Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal's really busy on the weekends - give it some time.

Login to Me Too

eragesale
New Community Member

How long does it usually take from the time you get an email from the buyer stating that they have sent a payment to pay pal for it to appear in your pay pal account? Im a new seller. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

tgraey
New Community Member

Usually if you get the email from the buyer, it shows in Paypal right away. The problem I am having is that Ebay shows the payment is being processed by Paypal (Oct - 12) and I still do not see anything in Paypal. Anyone else still having this problem or similar?

Login to Me Too

cwhite32
New Community Member

Yeah! Basically the same problem for me to, except I bought a laptop and the seller said there was a mix up and they didnt have that exact one so they said they would refund my money.. In ebay it says it was refunded, and in paypal it says that it was charged twice and refunded twice.. but in my bank account it just chaged twice..Not sure what to do.

Login to Me Too

jshearer
New Community Member

I am having the same issues. My buyer insists that the payment has cleared through paypal, yet it hasn't even posted anywhere to my account with paypal.  Ebay shows a timer against payment in the sold icons and  telling  me to claim my payment. But from where? There is nothing to indicate it came into my paypal account anywhere. This is the first time I have had a problem. I am not shipping anything until I see this transaction.

Login to Me Too

Nowisthetime
Contributor
Contributor

October 12 must have been a bad day. And paypal does NOT want to discuss it. Or ley you get to the email form!

@tgraey wrote:

Usually if you get the email from the buyer, it shows in Paypal right away. The problem I am having is that Ebay shows the payment is being processed by Paypal (Oct - 12) and I still do not see anything in Paypal. Anyone else still having this problem or similar?

@tgraey wrote:

Login to Me Too

robin90049
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I sold two items yesterday - Sunday, 10/17. It's now Monday morning and the little hour glass icon still shows up and the message says the payment is being processed by PayPal. Yet there are no recent transactions showing up in my PayPal account. I have never seen this happen before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.