Do you Create Invoices with PayPal? We want to hear from you!

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Have you used PayPal to create and send invoices or make payments on invoices sent to you?

If so, please reply to this topic to send us your thoughts on new features or improvements that you or your customers would like to see.

Do you have a question about invoice creation or payment?

Please first search this discussion board (Receiving Money) to see if your question has already been previously posted. If you post your question as a new topic, be sure to tag it with appropriate keywords like “Send Invoice”, “invoice payment” etc. as the case may be.

Thank you,

The PayPal Invoicing team

Login to Me Too
143 REPLIES 143

JCarls
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having trouble getting paid because of the interface my clients see when I send them an invoice.  You just lost a credit card fee because I told my client it would be easier to just send me a chack after he tried to pay me for about a half hour.

First: It is too hard for them to use their credit card without being a PayPal member because that option isn't obvious enough (the tiny "Continue" link next to the card symbols needs to be a button that say "Pay without a PayPal account"). what happens is that they get lost in prompts that attempt to get them to sign up, leaving them needlessly frustrated.  Please understand:  They know what you are trying to do and if they wanted to get a PayPal account, they would do so without being tricked into it.

Second, if a credit card "verification" sequence is .triggered, this equally confusing interface is another excuse for them to cancel the transaction through PayPal (I know, because I've cancelled attempts to use my credit card because I simply could not figure out what the "Verified by Visa" was looking for — and it appeared to be something that would take way more time than I wanted to spend).  My client was attempting to use AMEX to send a four-figure payment, ran into something that wanted him to verify his card and ultimately I could not figure out what to tell him over the phone, except "I'll just cancel the PayPal invoice and you can express mail a check to me."

Login to Me Too

CtteeTreas
Contributor
Contributor

I fully agree with JCarls. We have often had trouble with members wishing to pay subscriptions through PayPal who either don't see the little "continue" link or don't realise that it is what they should be choosing.

I have had to create a separate diagram with an image of this page, a red box around the link and a red arrow pointing to it, as a "help" page for people who don't know what to do when they get to the PayPal page.  I'm sure that PayPal must lose customers as a result of the user-unfriendly design of their page.

Login to Me Too

txpigmom
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal put an email address that hasn't been good in 5 yrs. instead of my primary.

Login to Me Too

LPnowcom
New Community Member

I have used the invoice tool several times. Although it is a little better than the old invoice tool, it misses the mark on emails.

You send an email to me when the invoice is sent. That's fine although I know I sent an invoice.

What I need even more is for you to send an email when the customer pays so I know I can ship it.

That email is the most important email you could send me.

I should not have to log in to paypal to find out if a customer has paid.

Your old invoice system did send this email but the new one does not.

Please correct this.

Login to Me Too

StephB

Invoicing would be useful if it worked.

I have sent some test invoices to friends.  Those using one email server receive nothing.  Those on another email server receive the invoice with an attached warning of  "This message looks very suspicious to our SmartScreen filters".  Neither outcome is acceptable for my business.

From reading through the forums it seems this has been a problem for several months now and that Paypal has given up on it.  Has paypal decided not to go forward with invoicing or do they intend to eventually roll out a functional invoicing capability?

Login to Me Too

tictactogs
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Dinash - it's been almost two months since your last post and status update on this topic.  Any news?

Login to Me Too

shawnkhall
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, PayPal_Olivia has assured me that it is their intent to continue forging email in violation of the SMTP protocol -- so any of your invoice recipients utilizing SPF or other email source validation methods will likely never receive your invoices. The system "works as intended", and if you or your potential customers have a problem with the invoicing system, "all you have to do" is reconfigure email services on all of **their** mail servers to whitelist all of PayPal's email servers so that the forgeries PayPal intends to continue sending will be accepted. Oh, don't forget to reconfigure your customers' mail servers BEFORE you try to invoice them!

Yes, it is total lunacy for one of the most "phished" companies in the world to encourage email forgeries thru their own system but logic has completely failed to reach them.

I wonder if they have any intention of actually checking their log files, as I recommended 3 months ago?

Login to Me Too

Jackidance
Contributor
Contributor

bellabella
New Community Member

I want to have a referance to a customer purchase order number and there is no apparent way to do that other than creating a item. 

Login to Me Too

Jackidance
Contributor
Contributor

No, we use PEACHTREE

and no we do not use the shipping labels either.

We use the various shippers direct online.

thanks

Action Snack

we are www.actionsnacks.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.