Do you Create Invoices with PayPal? We want to hear from you!

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Have you used PayPal to create and send invoices or make payments on invoices sent to you?

If so, please reply to this topic to send us your thoughts on new features or improvements that you or your customers would like to see.

Do you have a question about invoice creation or payment?

Please first search this discussion board (Receiving Money) to see if your question has already been previously posted. If you post your question as a new topic, be sure to tag it with appropriate keywords like “Send Invoice”, “invoice payment” etc. as the case may be.

Thank you,

The PayPal Invoicing team

Login to Me Too
143 REPLIES 143

Masselyn
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I create invoices all the time.  I would LOVE to be able to edit invoices, all areas of them.  I often have clients who either give me the wrong email address, or who want an invoice split or changed, and ultimately I have to cancel and recreate the invoice from scratch.  Please add an "edit" choice, for unpaid invoices, so that we can go in and edit certain aspects and then resend the edited invoice back to the client.

Thanks for asking.  I only use Paypal for my business, and invoicing is the way I get paid, I'd love to make it a little easier to use.

Masselyn

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

The Edit Invoices functionality has been built but will only be available on the website sometime later this year. You will soon be able to exactly what you've described. Stay tuned!

Dinesh.

Login to Me Too

duende2

First time sending an invoice. Why  I have a draft link saying the ivoice was not sent but cna't do anything to send it?

Login to Me Too

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

I have just started using invoices for our cycling club with great results!  It was very easy to create a simple invoice template and send these and many riders have commented at how simple the process is to use.

In my case, I am creating quite a few invoices as each rider who requests one receives an individual invoice so, in the past two weeks, I have sent over 800 invoices.  The tools that would be really helpful to me are tools designed to support dealing with multiple invoices at one time.

Here is a quick list of features that come to mind:

• Quick filter to display pending (unpaid) invoices - w/ the advanced option to filter on date or other fields
  • Ability to send a payment reminder to multiple unpaid invoices with a few clicks
  • Ability to edit an existing invoice - for our riders, the fee goes up on specific dates to encourage prompt payment - it would be useful to be able to change the amount due if they miss a payment deadline
  • Ability to paste more than 50 email addresses - 50 works for 100+ would be helpful

Thanks for asking for our input!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Of the four features youv'e mentioned, two of them (Edit Invoice, filter unpaid invoices) have been built and will be rolled out sometime this year.

Thank you for your feedback,

Dinesh.

Login to Me Too

manzanita
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to invoicing with PayPal (haven't done it yet) and am wondering if  I can create an invoice and direct my customer to a form where they can pay by credit card if they don't have a PayPal account. Or can I only have them use a credit card with a PayPal "buy now" button on my website?  I do custom work and I'd like to be able to send a client an invoice for a job via email and take payment by credit card. Anyone know?

Login to Me Too

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

The invoice does exactly what you are asking.  It allows anyone to pay without a PayPal account.  It is pretty simple but would benefit from some tools to help deal with multiple invoices rather than only one at a time.

Login to Me Too

manzanita
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Moskose! That sounds pretty cool. I've been looking for an easy way to take credit cards without a monthly fee, etc. So maybe this is it. I've also checked out "Square" but their no-card present charge is higher. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dinesh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Thank you for your post.

Can you share with us some more details on the kind of tools you have in mind for dealing with multiple invoices?

Dinesh.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.